Code of Conduct
The purpose of the campus climate challenge is to raise awareness of how much energy is being used and how we can make big savings by doing little things. If everyone does their part together we can make a difference. Our goal is not to reallocate energy consumption, but rather to reduce overall consumption. Please try to stick to things that are sustainable, and actions you would do for the rest of the year, or forever! Straying from these criteria will result in your house or university being disqualified from any competition.
Actions which would result in disqualification include but are not limited to:
• Sabotaging efforts of other residences
• Altering the functioning of motion detectors
• Removing any florescent tubes in hallway lighting
• Doing laundry outside of residence, solely for the purpose of saving energy within your residence.
• Showering outside of your residence, solely for the purpose of saving energy within your residence
*Note: Please have fun and be creative! Ideas in the past include petitions for residence heat to be turned down, and turning off residence elevators. If there is any ambiguity regarding any part of the code of conduct please contact Margaret Kromminga at email@example.com or Hilary Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss the situation.